Late-Breaking Program News Limited Time: United, American Offer Double Miles
(Posted: Feb 10, 2005)

AAdvantage members who subscribe to AAirmail and/or AAdvantage eSummary can earn double miles for roundtrip travel through May 25. Register online using promotion code DBL05 and purchase a qualifying ticket on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection by Feb. 18 for travel before May 25.
(Keep in mind that online bookings also earn 1,000 bonus miles.)

United Mileage Plus members have a nearly identical offer. Roundtrips purchased online using promotion code MPD425 before Feb. 18 for travel before May 25 will earn double miles.

charlie
posted: Feb 18, 2005 at 8:06am (MT)

I'm trying to use this promotion and I'm getting conflicting answers from AA Customer Service. I live in Tokyo. I want to fly to London. AA has no direct service so I must fly via USA. I'd like to have two stopovers in the USA on my way home from London. Does this qualify as a "round trip" ticket? The first agent said yes, the second agent said no. I'm afraid they may call this a "circle trip."

April 24 NRT - LHR
May 11 LHR-ORD
May 15 ORD-SFO
May 19 SFO-NRT

PDHUTTER
posted: Feb 24, 2005 at 4:15am (MT)

DBL05 is coming up as an invalid promotion code on AA''s website

Randy Petersen
posted: Feb 24, 2005 at 4:14pm (MT)

The reason for the invalid code is that this promotion required a ticket purchase by Feb. 18 (see news above) and it is now after the date of qualifying purchase.

Adam Dodsworth
posted: Mar 14, 2005 at 6:42pm (MT)

Perhaps you should remove such a prominant link given that one cannot any longer purchase tickets in accordance with the promotion.

JR
posted: Mar 25, 2005 at 7:01pm (MT)

AGREED .. things like this (outdated information) make me very suspect of this site.

Oh well as long as it remains free then I cannot complain too much!!

Randy Petersen
posted: Mar 28, 2005 at 3:48pm (MT)

Adam and JR: I'm kind of confused that despite the instructions that this bonus is only for tickets purchased by Feb. 18 that you find the information outdated. The internet is not about deleting information that is past it's action date - thus on any new Web site or other. you'll still find yesterday's news if you click to it. Because it's today does not mean the news did not happen yesterday? Thanks for visiting and really the best think is to simply read the action dates posted on any bonus or program news. I hope this helps.