Virgin Australia Velocity Global Wallet
||:: Late-Breaking News
(Posted: Apr 19, 2013)
Virgin Australia Velocity members will soon be able to use their loyalty membership card as a Visa prepaid credit card with the card's new Global Wallet feature.
Members will be able to pre-load funds onto their card and earn points on purchases when using the Global Wallet in Australia and overseas. The fine print states that fees and charges will apply to the use of the Global Wallet.
Members will need to activate their new Velocity card in order to activate the Global Wallet feature. And members who request a card by June 30, 2013 will be automatically entered into a contest to win roundtrip business class tickets to Los Angeles for two, six nights accommodation at the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City and AU$2,000 loaded onto your card.
Visit http://www.webflyer.com/link/?8803 for more information and to request your card.
posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 12:53pm (MT)
I strongly recommend that Virgin Australia Velocity Global Wallet service is avoided. This service did not fulfil any of my expectations and continues to disappoint me as a customer. I have matters that remain unresolved after more than one month since reporting fraudulent transactions. I believe that this is totally unacceptable and I hope for the sake of Virgin that my experience does not represent that of other customers.
A timeline of my experience with Virgin Australiaâ€™s Velocity Global Wallet:
- 21-05-14: Velocity Global Wallet account opened.
- 22-05-14: initial funds transferred to Velocity Global Wallet account.
- 27-05-14 first purchase made with Velocity Global Wallet Card.
- 22-05-14 to 03-07-14: various funds transferred to Velocity Global Wallet account and purchases made with Velocity Global Wallet Card (a total of 22 transactions in 43 days).
- 03-07-14 16:27 to 03-07-14 20:18: 32 fraudulent purchases made with Velocity Global Wallet Card.
- 04-07-14: 13 minute phone call to Velocity Global Wallet Customer Service to report fraudulent transactions and to request further advice about how to recuperate funds. Informed by Velocity Global Wallet Customer Service that no action could be taken for a period of 10 days until transactions had cleared.
- 04-07-14 to 05-07-14: A further 2 fraudulent purchases made with Velocity Global Wallet Card.
- 07-07-14: 48 minute phone call to Velocity Global Wallet Customer Service to request closure of account and refund of balance on account. Informed by Velocity Global Wallet Customer Service that no action could be taken over the phone and to refund balance on account would cost $15 transfer fee. Eventually instructed to submit Account Closure Form and Dispute Form. Promised by Velocity Global Wallet Customer Service return phone call to provide update on matter within 12 hours.
- 07-07-14: Dispute Form Lodged.
- 08-07-14: Account Closure Form lodged.
- 08-07-14: No return phone call received from Velocity Global Wallet Customer Service.
- 11-07-14 to 28-07-14 away overseas unable to utilise Velocity Global Wallet Card as intended. Subsequently incurring several hundred dollars of international transaction fees as a result.
- 31-07-14: Follow up e-mail sent to Velocity Global Wallet Customer Service requesting update on matter. Return e-mail received from Velocity Global Wallet Customer Service indicating no email correspondence would be able to be made due to privacy reasons.
- 01-08-14: [chopped]
Comments on this Article?
Return to NotiFlyer articles >>>