Frequent Flyer T-Shirts
Ratings & Reviews
View From the Wing
Frontier Airlines and AirTran Airways Enter Unique Marketing Partnership
||:: Late-Breaking News
(Posted: Nov 13, 2006)
Effective Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2006, Frontier will begin two new, innovative marketing programs with AirTran Airways:
- A marketing/reservation referral program
- A frequent flyer benefits exchange
This new alliance is designed to give each airline a presence and exposure in markets not currently served.
- Passengers can earn AirTran Airways A+ Rewards credits on Frontier flights or Frontier miles on AirTran flights; credits/miles are only earned for one program
- AirTran Airways A+ Rewards Elite members get additional benefits when traveling on Frontier upon presentation of their Elite card (i.e., priority check-in, free DirecTV, etc)
- The EarlyReturns desk will handle AirTran as a frequent flyer partner
The referral agreement is a contract between Frontier and AirTran allowing either airline to refer passengers on the other?s flights. Each airline operates and maintains independence. Both carriers will promote this partnership by offering to transfer revenue customers to the other carrier when service is not offered on the requested market (origin to destination).
Frontier and AirTran will provide similar membership benefits for A+ Rewards Elite members and EarlyReturns Summit and Ascent members. Each airline will honor the upgraded status for all airport locations when flying on the partner airline.
1. Frontier Ascent and Summit members receive the following benefits when traveling on AirTran by presenting their Ascent or Summit card:
a. Dedicated check-in positions
b. Priority boarding
c. Change and cancellation fees waived for ?walk-up? at the ATO on the day of departure only
d. Priority security clearance; currently available at:
? Denver , CO (DEN)
? Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
? Washington Dulles (IAD)
? Washington National (DCA)
? Minneapolis (MSP)
? Pittsburgh (PIT)
2. AirTran Elite members receive the following benefits when traveling on Frontier by presenting their A+ Awards Elite card:
a. Free DIRECTV service
b. Dedicated check-in positions
c. Confirmed stand-by fee ($25) waived for ?walk-up? at the ATO on the day of departure only
d. Priority boarding
e. Priority security clearance (where available)
See Randy Petersen's take on all of this at FlyerTalk.com. Click Community link at top of the homepage, then Blogs @FlyerTalk and As I see It...Randy Petersen.
Comments on this Article?
Return to NotiFlyer articles >>>